Copying Data Items
Copying data items should help make entering data into the database more efficient
when items have several common attribute values. You can then simply copy
items and change only the attribute values that should differ rather
than creating new items and manually entering all the values each time.
- In order to copy items in the database, you must first login to the system
as a Privileged User.
- Find the data item you want to copy. To do this, create
- Once you have located the item you want to delete in a query results list,
select the Copy link under the Actions column.
- The Create New Item Page should appear. Note that the attribute
fields have been automatically filled in with the values for the item you
selected to copy.
- Make the necessary modifications to the attribute values for the new item.
- Select the Create button to create the new item.